11. When people say risky, even though they really mean risque, because they think risque is pronounced risk-ee not ris-kay.
12. Trekking down to the basement of my apartment to do laundry, only to find that the single washer and dryer is in use, forcing me to climb back up the stairs with my giant basket of dirty clothes. This will happen at least three more times before I actually find the washer to be empty, at which point I'll discover that I didn't actually have enough quarters to do all of my loads of laundry anyway, and subsequently could have been carrying half the amount of clothes up and down the stairs.
13. People who talk about themselves all the time, but don't actually realize they talk about themselves all the time. Hint: if you haven't asked me some sort of question that has nothing to do with you in the past half an hour, you're talking about yourself too much. But I will be polite, and listen anyway, even if I really want to say "I have my own problems too, you know!"
14. When the song you have liked for forever, suddenly becomes really popular and over-played on the radio, and now you kind of despise the song you used to love. Here's looking at you, Rolling in the Deep.
15. Running out of Kleenex. I sneeze a lot. Like A LOT. Toilet paper and/or paper towel is not going to cut it.
16. Seeing a spider (or any crawly bug for that matter) on the ceiling, and realizing there is no possible way to reach said creepy-crawly to squish it, so you watch it for twenty minutes hoping it comes down the wall a little, but then turn your head away for two seconds and lose the damn thing. Where are you spider?? You're going to attack me in my sleep now, I just know it.
17. When people say anyways instead of anyway. Anyways is not a word folks!
Awesome list! I would like to add one thing. People should not say the kidses (I don't even know how to spell it the way they say it.). The word is kid's room. Is that just a MN thing?
ReplyDeleteAh yes, agreed. I don't hear it as much around here, but it's certainly not unheard of.
ReplyDelete