Monday, October 3, 2011

September Loves and Lothes

I definitely skipped August in this whole write down my favorites venture, but I guess I must not have had a whole lot of things I loved that month. This time I thought I'd share some of the things I'm loving right now (or did last month), and since I'm in a bitching kind of a mood, the things I'm loathing too.

Love: New Girl
I can't get enough of this show. Yes, the main character, Jess, is kind of annoying and totally over-the-top. Yes, girls who are that pretty are (as a rule) not that awkward. But the writing is hilarious, and Zooey Deschanel is awkwardly charming, that it's hard not to like her, even though if you knew someone like her in real life you'd probably punch her in the face. Sadly, I also see a little bit of myself in her. I sing like an obnoxious fool when no one's around too, although I have yet to create my own theme song. My favorite part about the whole show thus far? The Douchebag Jar. Brilliant.

Loathe: American Horror Story
To be clear, I probably don't actually loathe this show. In fact, it looks really awesome. Connie Britton is in it, and after Friday Night Lights, I will watch anything with her. I so desperately would love to watch this show. Unfortunately, I am a pansy. I have no doubt that this show would scare the bejesus out of me, and I can't really handle that alone in my apartment. I have a feeling I would never sleep again, and would constantly see that creepy black leather covered thing coming out of my ceiling. Damn you, Ryan Murphy, for making this show look so good.


Love: This article: Click Me!
This article is basically my life right now, except that I am not 39, and I don't really have single friends to commiserate with. The single (unmarried and not dating) friends I have left are three, count 'em three, in number, and live very far away. Miss you girls :( Holy hell, though, do I no want to be 39 and still single. I mean, obviously this woman's message is somewhat uplifting, but I certainly hope that I don't follow exactly in her footsteps.

Loathe: This article: Click Me!
Oh how depressing! I don't even think I need to add an explanation here.

Love: This website: http://theofficescreencaps.tumblr.com/
 I waste sooooo much time on here, but they're so funny :)

Loathe: Insomnia
I have always been kind of a night owl, but lately, I can't fall asleep to save my life. I know this is because I'm stressed at work, and just in about life in general, but I hate lying in bed wishing I could just get some shut eye. Of course, when I do eventually fall asleep, it's not until the wee hours of the morning, and then all of a sudden my alarm is going off. I have been so late to work (or at least getting up late for work) recently, that I rarely have time to dry my hair, eat breakfast, and some days I'm sure I look hungover or something. A lot of days I feel like it.

Love: iheartradio.com
This website is great. Very similar to Pandora, but you can also stream radio stations from the U.S. too. I finally can listen to Cities 97 in Tomah! I'd be super content if it streamed The Current too, but alas, no dice. Bonus points though because I can listen to it at school. Pandora is blocked in my district.

Love: Fall scented anything
Fall is hands down my favorite season, and a significant part of that is due to the fact that finally purchase all the apple, cinnamon, spice, pumpkin scented air fresheners, candles, and sprays to my heart's content. Now if only the weather would cooperate and stay nice and cool like real fall should be.

Love: Football Season
Need I say more? I don't think so.

Alright, so this was kind of a lame post. I thought I had more things to love or loathe, but I really just can't think of many. Oh well. I guess I'll add them to next month's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment